Questions To Ask Your Future Real Estate Agent:
When you decide that you may want the services of a realtor to
sell your home, it is important that you interview a few agents
from different companies. After interviewing a few real estate
agents you will know which one you feel more comfortable with.
There are numerous questions you might ask when interviewing a
realtor. Below are some sample questions.
• How long have you been in the business? You want an agent with
some experience. Newer agents can be great too if they have a
good mentor and they may have more time to devote to you.
• How will you sell my home? Your realtor should be able to show
you all the places he will list your home and also show you a
sample of his work.
• How long will it take to sell my home? Your realtor should be
able to tell you how long it takes for an average home to sell
in the current market. He/she should be also able to tell you
what you can do to sell your home faster and for the best price.
• Ask the realtor to provide you with references. Make sure they
are not related to the realtor and ask if you can call them.
• Ask him/her how much they charge. Typically agents charge a
percentage from 1-4% for one side of the transaction. A listing
agent may charge 3.5% for themselves and 3.5% for the selling
agent which means you will be charged 7%.
• Ask if you sign a listing agreement and find that you are
unhappy with the arrangement, will they allow you to cancel the
arrangement? Ask if they have ever had anyone cancel their
• Ask the agent what make them different from the others. Look
for answers that imply a strong sense of customer satisfaction,
good negotiation skills, a good web presence, or a strong
• Be sure and ask them what else you need to know. It is
important to hear what the realtor has to say. You want to feel
comfortable with their knowledge and you should also feel the
realtor is taking time with you and knows best how to counsel
|Share This Page With A Friend:
|Add This Page To Your Reading List: